Thursday, November 8, 2007

Globalization Response

I was very intrigued by the question of whether foreigners take into considered American politics, or just figures of the American government. While studying and working in Shanghai this summer I was taken to several “business dinners,” where I was continually questioned about my take on the Bush Administration. They always found it very interesting that I had not voted for Bush and did not agree with most of the decisions he has made while in office. They would usually show their acceptance of my answers by giving me thumbs up, salutes, and numerous shots. It always seemed very interesting that they knew more about the American government then most Americans do. While globalization has affected and touched almost everyone in the world at this point, I think we almost need more globalization within our own country. The United States seems to be lacking when it comes to global knowledge and the acceptance of global diversity.

No comments: